The Hearse Ride...

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Pain in the Mouth


I'm so stoned now...lol.
I woke up with the toothache from hell today, in fact the pain woke me up. I promptly broke a Vicoden in half and took both halves and waited for it to work, since up till then I had only had 3 and a half hours sleep. The PAIN was horrendous, It felt like my head was going to explode. The 25 minutes it took for the effects to hit me, seemed like hours. Soon the pain subsided long enough for me to go back to sleep.
When I awoke I looked for some orajel I have and that in combo. with the pain pills makes daily living tolerable.

I knew I shouldn't have eaten cookies the night before, I knew the possible consequences, yet I had been binging most of the day, and took my chances. I hadn't eaten very much for 3 days, and it caught up with me.

I really must get my teeth taken care of. They are so damaged from years of grinding them, and years of neglect. I don't know why the dentist didn't pull them all, last time I was there (I requested it). I'm assuming that he thought he could save some of them for expensive bridges...Ha!! Like I'm so fuckin' rich.
The discomfort I went though last time scared me away from having any further work performed on them, but now it's getting rather dis-comfortable from the broken off teeth, not to mention the pain.

If I eat small amounts of sweets, I'm okay(unless it's chocolate)...I cannot tolerate the pain cause by chocolate. I have to make sure food is not too hot, or off to Dachau it feels like. Surprisingly Ice cold water kills the pain if used on certain teeth, but should it go down into an open socket, I about pass out.

The process of getting fitted for false teeth has me worried, as if it's not enough having all your existing teeth pulled but to have to have the false teeth put in right after...ouch!!

Oh well, it's my own damned fault for not taking care of them, the grinding though I can't seem to control.
posted by David G. at 3:14 AM

1 Comments:

Hi David,

I hope you have seen a dentist for your teeth. Ii sounds like they need immediate attention.

Here a website on bruxism (When you have a fancy name for a condition it sounds a bit better.) A dentist needs to diagnose and prescribe remedies such as a teeth-guard appliance.

http://www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C511953.html

Take care and peace and love to you

7/23/2007 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home