The Hearse Ride...
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Potter Street Station
This is the Pere Marquette Railroad Depot in Saginaw MI., it was built in 1881 by the (architect) Bradford Lee Gilbert, and is located on Potter Street.
In 1986 the Depot was decommissioned and was slated to be raised in 1988. It was saved from destruction by the Saginaw Depot Preservation Corporation.
( www.potterstreetstation.org )
In April 1991, the building was set ablaze by an arsonist, destroying the roof, the third floor, and portions of the second floor.
In 1995 a new roof was erected, and preservation still continues to this day.