The Hearse Ride...

Monday, July 14, 2008

Jonesing




I've been jonesing for a drink, but have been good, although now my sweet tooth has been taking over. I ate a third of a 2# bag of Gummy Bears last night, in between munching on Taco flavored Doritos, and drinking lots of ice water.

Then there's my roasted nut addiction (peanuts & pistachios*), which would be okay if I just knew when to stop eating them, usually not until my lips are puckered from all the salt, and my nails are cracked from trying to pry open the difficult shells*.

It could be worse, when I lived in Michigan I loved Hickory nuts, and spent my time shucking them or using my teeth to open them. I was a kid then (back when I had teeth that could do those things), so much for stripping wires with your teeth,....(which contributed to my cracked front teeth). Now it's all I can do to keep them in.
posted by David G. at 12:02 AM

2 Comments:

When I stopped drinking, I started eating sweets...I got sober shortly before Christmas and there was a 2lb Box of See's Candy sitty under my non-Christmas Tree...I specifically recall eating the candy and feeling better...that was thirty years ago...I have a two pound box of See's Candy Suckers that purchased at the John Wayne Airport last Friday on my return home trip to Central America...I'll share with you if you'll let go of the bag of Gummybears!

Love,
Leonardo the Good

7/16/2008 8:19 PM  

Too late, I ate them all up.

7/17/2008 3:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home