The Hearse Ride...

Friday, October 05, 2007

No DSL? . . . Bullshit!!


I've been without an internet connection for 2 days ...seems Embarq's DSL was having issues in my central Florida local, ....and since they don't have dial-up for a back up, I was unable to feed my addiction . . .lol.

And on my birthday no less ....How Dare They!!

So I called this toll free number Embarq has to resolve connection probs. and get this guy who orders me a new modem, supposedly he assumes my modem is fucked up, which it isn't. He then goes on to order a dedicated DSL connection?!?

At this point I should say that on Tuesday evening the DLS was having probs in a 40 mile radius

I tried to suggest that it was a local problem, but the operator disagreed. So anyway, I was informed that a technician would be here at 10 am Friday. So the guy shows up and is perplexed as to why the operator ordered the dedicated DSL jack. I told the tech what I told the operator, and he said that there was nothing wrong with my set up, other than the modem being a piece of shit, but that there was a local problem.....

So at about 3:00 pm I tried to get online, and guess what,..I got on without a hitch. So much for the operator,...what a crock!!

The tech said it was like a watch repairman prescribing pain killers to a horse.
posted by David G. at 8:10 PM

2 Comments:

Happy Birthday!

10/06/2007 1:34 AM  

Thank You, David.

10/13/2007 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home