The Hearse Ride...

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Higher Power



Okay,
I'm done ranting for a spell, while I try to make sense of HTML gobbledygook.

I've been recording my keyboard adventures for future mp3's, if I ever get that far. Because then I have to re-record it on my PC, then convert it to mp3 format. But in between that, I'll have to open the recordings up in wave studio and tweak it...lol.
Since I don't own a digital recorder I have to use analog recording and then later conversion on my PC. I was playing around with Dolby on my cassette recorder trying to see what enhanced the recording, if anything. My deck has Dolby B, C, and S, plus HX Pro. It also has DBX...old school format. It was the Top of the Line for Yamaha in it's day. It does a real good job with metal and Chrome tapes, and a good job with regular oxide tape also.
I've literally gone through my share of cassette decks, being a re-mixer and DJ, but that was a few years ago, when I actually had a life.

Still my house looks like an electronics showroom from the late 70's all the way up to the present. I really like old school receivers, you know the silver faced ones from the 70's. My Pride and Joy is a Lafayette LR 9090, @ 90WPC x 6. Yea!! This baby can pump out 90 Watts Per Channel Old School power x 4 channels continuous (approx.360 watts), which let me tell you far exceeds what you get nowadays. It's a speaker blower!! It also weighs about 65 pounds.

Labels:

posted by David G. at 1:56 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home