The Hearse Ride...

Friday, August 03, 2007

Change of Pace


I've been thinking, ....lol. (yea, I'm still capable of that!)

I'm not happy with my blog template, at all.
It just isn't me. I tried one I thought was cool, but it didn't work, and I guess I'm just PC inept when it comes to understanding all the BS beta/non-beta codes....

I never claimed to be computer suave!! I'm just really inquisitive, and teach myself such things, like I taught myself how to play the piano, and organ. (pedals included)

If I was really On Top Of It All, I would name all the stops on my digital pipe organ, ...but I just acquire the stop lists through friends and download it.....I haven't even figured out how to tweak/tune the pipe network...lol. I'd rather sample other's work and judge for myself if it's up to my standards. then tweak when it's on my mind. Which isn't often...lol.

Anyway, if there are any PC suave peeps out there who can help me out, please feel free to post comments.
posted by David G. at 12:52 AM

5 Comments:

David.

Where is that magnificent organ, and who is the builder? It looks like it could be Paul Fritts.

8/04/2007 10:01 PM  

You know, I'm not sure. I got the pic off the internet while searching for pipe organs. All I know is the picture id, which is Opus 29.

I have so many pictures of organs.

8/04/2007 11:19 PM  

I'll see if I can find out. I do love a well-designed classic organ case with elegant tin pipes or equally elegant copper (like St. Mark's-Seattle), and I have to say I do much prefer natural wood to the baroque practice of painted cases.

I've had a couple of "heated" discussions with Manuel Rosales about the appearance (not the sound) of the Disney Hall instrument in L.A. I hope it doesn't set any precedent for things to come in other installations. Horrors!

Are you an organist also?

BTW, where did you get that great avatar?

8/05/2007 11:42 PM  

speaking of...

Waddaya know... it's one of Manuel's... for St. Bart's, Atlanta. You can see all the info about it at the Rosales Organ Builders site.

8/05/2007 11:52 PM  

Actually, I like the Disney installation it's rather bold, makes it's own statement. I've designed a few Art Deco pipe organ cases in my time, that I think would look cool in the buildings designed to hold them.

I'm a self taught organist. I took piano lessons for 7 years and quit because I played better by ear. I taught myself to play the organ at Grace Church in Grand Rapids MI, after choir practice when I was 12. And have continued to do so in most of the places I have resided, other than here in Central Florida.

I made my avatar in my paint program, since I couldn't find one that suited me on the net.
I'm always having fun in paint or photoshop, although I'd rather use paint it's easier to alter photo's with.

8/06/2007 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home