The Hearse Ride...

Monday, July 27, 2009

Oh, You think So???



I keep saying it because I want to believe it, but in my area (Central Florida), ... it's a fairy tale dream. Oh I've heard of a few churches who claim to be all inclusive, but I'm not going to drive 20 or more miles to go to anywhere, let alone church, unless it's an unforgettable experience or a high paying job.

Of all the places to be backward, what with the totally diverse populace of Florida, and central Florida especially.
posted by David G. at 11:18 PM

2 Comments:

I know. I went to St. Lukes Cathedral when visiting Orlando...the place was quite ¨high church¨ but the lunatic Canon Gary Bigot was straight out of Virtueonline Seminary (he also writes ¨contributing¨ stupidities there occassionally)...the best part was when the whole thing was over and I didn´t need to be amongst people I realized hated people like me...mostly they were old white Florida Cracker types with a married couple of color thrown in (perhaps from Central Africa if I recall properly...right at home)...the whole thing was like attending a beautiful service that had infiltrated by deadly/suffocating messages of hate...the building, St. Lukes, is lovely...they`ve only tarnished it spiritually, so far.

7/28/2009 10:19 AM  

BTW...I´ve heard there are some very LGBT friendly parishes in Central Florida...check around and maybe you´ll get lucky and one will close...I´ve always found the Episcopal Church (even abroad, in Europe or Latin America) are great places and quite often I´ve met wonderful people who have become longterm friends (besides, I´ve found myself on some very nice social party lists, a real plus).

7/28/2009 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home